December 15th, 2017, 8:38pm
I finally got around to doing the one thing I always told myself I'd do: ditch Wordpress in favor of my own homespun blog solution. Not that I had any real beef with Wordpress, I just wanted something a little simpler. And boy oh boy is this a simpler implementation. Super basic stuff running this platform right now. But I think, for the time being, it'll work just fine. Posts are stored in a database, the scripts I've written for my site handle the majority of the layout, all in all pretty straightforward. There's still a few things I'd like to add though. Upcoming feature requests by me for myself in no particular order include:
- A decent post editor
- Image uploading features
- One of those "Click to Share" things on every post
- A comments section. Maybe.
- Automated cross-posting from itch.io devlogs (no, I haven't written any yet)
- Autoplaying midi tracks (just kidding)
- Some sort of tagging system
PS: The header image used to be animated with a rad strobe, but I figured it'd be bad luck to launch a new blog with an seizure-inducing gif.